This interactive workshop includes theory, application and feedback to help participants truly understand the communication process.
- Calculating your communication pattern to consider how to make the most of your preferences and strengthen your least preferred patterns
- Looking at three distinct communication patterns and how the key traits of each pattern help us to develop our “best communication game”
- Examining the characteristics and profiles of each pattern to know how to use all three effectively
- Quickly identifying preferences so you appreciate your audience and respect their communication needs
- Considering skill-sets for each pattern to know how to reach your audience using all communication media
- Indentifying the specific communication preferences of Boomers, Gen-X and Gen-Y
Typical 1-Day Agenda
Introduction to the Three Communication Styles
- Our Research Findings Over 20 Years
- Benefits (to Supervision & Management, Sales, Team Building, Interpersonal Skills, Hiring)
- The 80-20% Rule (one style is usually preferred)
1. Knowing Your Communication Preferences
- Assessing your own Communication Style (Take Self-Assessment on-line before the workshop, or complete a hard-copy version during the session)
2. Learning the Main Communication Styles
- Briefing on the Three Key Communication Styles
- What Our Research Shows
- All three styles needed for perfect communications.
- All styles needed in an organization.
- No style is better than another. All are equal.
- Communication is enhanced if you switch to your listener’s preferred style.
3. Understanding Other People’s Preferences (Interactive Drills)
- How to “Read” and Listen for the Cues of Each Communication Style
4. Adapting to Other’s Preferences
- How Each Style Prefers to Communicate
- How Do You Really Communicate?
- Do’s & Dont’s of each style
- Preferred words and phrases (what to listen for!)
- Special biases of each style
- Generational Communications
- Which style does each generation prefer?
5. Applying Concepts Professionally and Personally
- Influencing Others (Interactive Drill)
- The Perfect Sales Presentation to Persuade and Include all Communication Styles (Optional drill— typically used by sales groups)
- Matching the Candidate to the Job (Interactive Drill)
- Assessing the preferred communication style required for a job
- Matching the candidate with that style
- Pluses and minuses of each style for that job
6. Communicating to Include All Styles
- Create a Communication to Appeal to a Diverse Audience
Summary: Read the book MASTERING COMMUNICATIONS, after the workshop
- The 10 Secrets of Perfect Communications (Interactive Drill)
- Summary by Facilitator
- Share your results with your colleagues, friends and family
- All three styles combined achieve perfect communications
- What will you do differently? (individual response)